Being The Best Bajan
This course will equip every Barbadian with the knowledge, skills and values needed to be citizens of good character and competence in a SMART Barbados that is engaging with a digital world.
The course is designed to help participants gain self-confidence and a better understanding of their place in society. Through the use of various learning tools, participants will:
- discover how to assess their skills and chart a path to their desired goals;
- understand the importance of integrity and striving for excellence as key elements to accomplish their goals;
- build self-awareness as they learn the necessary skills to communicate and work well with others;
- understand the importance of respectful and positive interactions that improve relationships at home, at work and in our communities.
Ultimately, it is designed to help build a strong sense of national identity and what it means to be Bajan contributing to the development of Barbados.
COURSE Module STRUCTURE
The topic begins with the Course Essentials – what you need to know before starting. You must finish this before moving on to the five Course Modules. Each Module must be completed in order.
On completing this course participants will gain:
- the confidence to embark on new areas of endeavour
- the recognition and understanding that each citizen is important and a valued contributor to the Barbadian economy.
- the understanding of how the Barbadian society benefits when everyone models excellence and performs with integrity in all spheres of life.
- The appreciation and understanding of the value of lifelong learning towards personal and national development.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- A greater self-awareness of who they are, what they want to achieve and their identity as a Barbadian.
- The understanding of the values expected in every Bajan:
– Active Teamwork
– National Identity
NTI CHARACTER AND CITIZEN EDUCATION (CCE) LEARNING OUTCOMES
LO 1 Acquire self-awareness and apply self-management skills to achieve personal well- being and effectiveness.
LO 2 Act with integrity and make responsible decisions that uphold moral principles.
LO 3 Acquire social awareness and apply interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships based on mutual respect.
LO 4 Be resilient and have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities
LO 5 Take pride in our national identity, have a sense of belonging to Barbados and be committed to nation-building.
LO 6 Value Barbados’s socio-cultural diversity and promote social cohesion and harmony.
LO 7 Care for others and contribute actively to the progress of our community and nation.
LO 8 Reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, as an informed and responsible citizen.